Release Date: 8/22/2012
PGATOUR.com to Offer Exclusive Online and Mobile Coverage of the 2012 PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup
PGATOUR.com, the official site of the PGA TOUR, will tee off coverage of the 2012 PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup by providing fans with exclusive online and mobile access including nearly 100 hours of live video streaming, live preview shows and comprehensive editorial coverage. Beginning Thursday, Aug. 23, with The Barclays and concluding Sunday, Sept. 23, with the last swing at the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola, fans will have complete access to live leaderboard updates, video highlights and social interaction through PGATOUR.com, PGA TOUR apps on Android, iPhone and iPad and via the mobile website.
PGATOUR.com’s signature franchise LIVE@ will offer live video streaming at all four of the Playoff tournaments including The Barclays (Aug. 23-26), Deutsche Bank Championship (Aug. 31-Sept. 3), BMW Championship (Sept. 6-9) and the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola (Sept. 20-23).
In addition to LIVE@, PGATOUR.com will provide fans with a wide range of content including:
• On the Tee: Prior to PGATOUR.com’s online coverage, fans can watch On the Tee, a live preview show, each Thursday and Friday at 12:30 p.m. ET. On the Tee will include host John Swantek and analyst Billy Kratzert as they discuss the course, the favorites, upcoming tournaments and more.
• Video Highlights/Interviews/Features: Fans will have one-click access to video highlights, daily tournament previews,
recaps and weekly features about the players and events throughout the PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup.
• PGATOUR Mobile App: The official PGA TOUR App offers fans access to customizable leaderboards; in-round video highlights; player profiles; tee times; in-depth course breakdowns; course images and descriptions from all of the Playoff events. The PGATOUR app is available for free on iPhone, iPod touch and Android.
• PGATOUR iPad App: PGATOUR.com’s Playoff coverage will also be available on the iPad app, which takes advantage of the iPad's large, multi-touch display to provide fans an enhanced tablet experience.
• Mobile Website: The PGATOUR.com mobile website will offer live video, enhanced live scoring, photo galleries and daily postings of the latest updates from the PGA TOUR Playoff standings.
PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedEx Cup LIVE@ Coverage
par-5 13th hole, par-3 17th hole Thursday (8/23) Friday (8/24) Saturday (8/25) Sunday (8/26)
11 a.m. – 6 p.m. (ET) 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Deutsche Bank Championship par-3 11th hole,
par-3 16th hole Friday (8/31) Saturday (9/1) Sunday (9/2) Monday (9/3)
1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m.
BMW Championship par-3 13th hole, par-3 17th hole Thursday (9/6) Friday (9/7) Saturday (9/8) Sunday (9/9)
1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m. 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. 1-6 p.m.
TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola par 4- 1st hole, par-3 18th hole Thursday (9/20) Friday (9/21) Saturday (9/22) Sunday (9/23)
1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m. 1-6 p.m.
The official Web site of the PGA TOUR, PGATOUR.com was launched in 1997 to serve the growing needs of golf fans. In 2006, the PGA TOUR partnered with Turner Sports to co-produce the site. With an international fan base following the action of the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour, PGATOUR.com is the number one site in golf. PGATOUR.com features official real-time scoring, world-class editorial content, exclusive LIVE@ multimedia coverage and its complete PGA TOUR archive of stats.
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in televised and online sports programming, airing championship-level sporting events on TBS, TNT and truTV, and managing some of the most popular sports sites on the Internet. Turner Sports’ television lineup includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, NASCAR and professional golf. The company’s digital portfolio includes Bleacher Report, NASCAR.COM, NCAA.com and March Madness Live, PGATOUR.COM and PGA.com, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile websites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Visit the Turner Sports online pressroom for additional press materials; follow Turner Sports on Twitter at @TurnerSportsPR.
Tareia Williams Turner Sports 404-575-9710 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Smith PGA TOUR 904-273-3379 email@example.com
Other articles in News: